Friday, December 3, 2010

#reverb10 day 3: rolling down hills

#reverb10 day 3: Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors).



If play were my art, then Amelia would be my muse. She plays hard, as if life depended on it. (And doesn’t it?) In the generous light of an early spring evening we had a whole park as our playground, but we chose the hill by the baseball field. On the count of three we closed our eyes and let ourselves go, over grass and bumps, down and around, ending on our backs, the sun our spotlight, giggling in wonder. At thirty, I’ve learned to be a child again. I have her to thank.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I roll down hills on a regular basis... but I don't have a kid. No excuse, except that I love to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a wonderful feeling, as a father, to learn that his daughter inspires others, too.

    ReplyDelete