Monday, September 17, 2012

let's lighten up

After reading my last post, one of you guys asked if I'm doing ok, and I thought, "uh oh, I've done it again." I know I tend towards melancholy, especially in my writing. Yes, life is hard, but life is also pretty sweet at times and I of all people need to remember to celebrate this.

So, in an attempt to lighten things up around here, I thought we could look at some cute cuddly animals. Let's do it.

Now, if you know me well, you know I don't do animals. Well, a little known secret is that I have a hidden affection for hamsters. I found this awesome costume for the critters, and if I had a hamster, the poor little guy would wear one.

Also, this is probably my favorite commercial ever. Like, ever.


I mean, seriously, who can resist?

Sunshine Mitza

Just writing this post gave me a good laugh. Thank you for indulging my incredibly off-center sense of humor. I'll try to keep it at bay from now on...

Photo credit via here.

7 comments:

  1. Funny, Betsy! The cocktail umbrella photo caught my eye right away in my blog reader.
    : )

    Not hamster-related, but definitely not serious...have you heard of the sci-fi book Ready Player One? It's soo outside my normal reading but I loved it. Teens in a distopian future competing in a virtual-world game created by an eccentric tech mogul. Lots of geeky '80s references. Greg read it, then my sister while she was here, and then I had to give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the rec! That sounds way outside my normal reading, too, but I love me some good 80's references.:)

      Delete
  2. This is a friend of mine who describes herself as melancholy. You might like her song "Personalities."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops. Here is the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WXplPHrfgU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leslie! It's funny how accurately she described me in the Melancholy part (I didn't realize perfectionism was part of that personality, too!). Have you ever read/studied the ennegram? Personality descriptions are so fun for some reason...

      PS Saw on facebook you guys moved back to Millersville. Hope you're enjoying it! I've been psyched to see how Lancaster city has become so hip since I left (not that it wasn't before... I thought it was, but in a less obvious way.:) ).

      Delete
  4. This is hilarious!!!

    Those gangsta hamsters are a bit disturbing.

    I just wasted the last 10 minutes watching the Kia videos on youtube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, I get all my moves from that commercial.

      Delete